Of course, it would make far more sense for me to be making a contribution to my NaNoWriMo word count, rather than this blog, but I thought you might be interested to hear how I’m getting on.
I started this report to find a bewildering array of numbers, so have decided to borrow from Hestia a rather more economical style of relaying the statistics.
50,000 – the number of words needed
20,000 – the number words I should have written by now
774 – words that I am short of that target
1667 – today’s default target number of words
2441 – words that I have realised I am actually short of the target by
0 – number of panic attacks about finishing on time, so far
3 – minimum anticipated panic attacks in final week
4 – major characters
3 – minor characters trying to muscle into the major arena
2 – characters that just strolled in to the story, had a look around and left again
3 – characters who have yet to assert themselves, although two of these are dead so that could prove tricky
9 – chapters in various stages of completion
2 – chapters involving Tarot
15 – notional number of chapters in the book, though this could change
1 – dilemma about the detectability of toxins after burial
#secret – the number of murders
So, with that small misdirection of words, I resume real life and hope that I have time to knock out 2,500 words later today.